- Combine all ingredients in the shaker tin or spindle mixer tin.
- Dry blend the ingredients in the blender for about 10 seconds.
- If you used the spindle mixer tin, pour the liquid into a shaker.
- Add ice cubes.
- Shake for about 15 seconds.
- Strain into the prepared old-fashioned glass filled with ice cubes.
- Add your garnish.
Detailed Recipe Instructions
- Prepare your Mise en Place.
- Prepare your bottle setup.
- Chill the serving glass with either crushed ice or ice cubes. Or place it in a fridge or freezer.
- Prepare your garnish.
- Add all the ingredients (except the egg white !) into the taller part of the Tin-in-Tin shaker.
- Add the egg white into the mixer tin.
- Set the speed of the spindle mixer to the lowest setting. Othwerwise it might spill over very quick!
- Dry blend the ingredients in the blender for about 10 seconds. If you want to dry shake instead, do it for roughly 20 seconds.
- Take the chilled glass out of the fridge/freezer. If you used ice to chill the serving glass, remove everything from the glass.
- Add around 4 to 5 ice cubes into the serving glass.
- Strain into the serving glass.
- Add your garnish.
- Clean up your working station.
- Try to use cold liquids to mix the drink. It will give you more control over the dilution.
- Add the egg white always, at least, into your shaker. Otherwise, it might curdle too quickly and will not give the frothy foam by the end.
- It might be helpful to add in the beginning lesser syrup. You can constantly adjust the sweetness after shaking the cocktail.
- A chilled glass keeps your drink longer and more enjoyable. Your used ice will melt slower, and the taste will stay longer.
Non Alcoholic Ingredients
- Try to keep the homemade syrup constantly refrigerated. It will often have a shorter expiration than store-bought syrups.
- If you have a blender like a Hamilton Beach on the place. You can dry blend your cocktail that contains egg white. After adding ice cubes to the shaker, give it a good shake.
Mise en Place
1x orange twist